We present you a calendar of retrograde planets in 2022. This year, all the planets will be retrograde, some of them more times (Mercury and Uranus) and the others just one time (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto). Node and Chiron will also be retrograde. Instead, there is no retrograde motion for Lilith.
Mercury retrograde in 2022
- Mercury retrograde in Aquarius and Capricorn (January 14th-February 4th)
- Mercury retrograde in Gemini and Taurus (May 10th-June 3rd)
- Mercury retrograde in Libra and Virgo (September 10th-October 2nd)
- Mercury retrograde in Capricorn (December 29th-January 1st)
Venus retrograde in 2022
- Venus retrograde in Capricorn (January 1st-January 29th)
Mars retrograde in 2022
- Mars retrograde in Gemini (October 30th-January 1st, 2023)
Jupiter retrograde in 2022
- Jupiter retrograde in Aries and Pisces (July 28th-November 23rd)
Saturn retrograde in 2022
- Saturn retrograde in Aquarius (June 4th-October 23rd)
Uranus retrograde in 2022
- Uranus retrograde in Taurus (January 1st-January 18th)
- Uranus retrograde in Taurus (August 24th-January 1st 2023)
Neptune retrograde in 2022
- Neptune retrograde in Pisces (June 28th-December 4th)
Pluto retrograde in 2022
- Pluto retrograde in Capricorn (April 29th-October 8th)
Node North retrograde in 2022
- North Node retrograde in Taurus (all year long, starting January 1st 2022 until January 1st 2023)
Lilith retrograde in 2022
- there is no retrograde motion for Lilith in 2022
Chiron retrograde in 2022
- Chiron retrograde in Aries (July 19th-December 23rd)
Retrograde Planets Meaning
Retrograde motion of a planet is its apparent backward motion through the sky, as observed from Earth. This apparent retrograde motion is caused by the Earth traveling past a slower-moving outer planet (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) or when the Earth is itself passed by a faster-moving inner planet (Mercury, Venus or Mars).
So, this is like the apparent motion of the slower car on the highway – an optical illusion. But it is important, from our perspective: we live on Earth and we judge things from an earthly perspective.
Some astrologers consider this apparent backward movement of the planets was to be unlucky, because it goes against the natural order of movement – the direct movement. But a retrograde planet is not necessarily something bad – actually, it is a chance to recognize, understand and correct past mistakes.