On 24th March 2020, the New Moon rises in Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, sign of rebirth and new beginnings.
So, this first new moon after the March Equinox is strongly connected with the idea of new beginnings and fresh starts. Astronomically speaking, the New Moon occurs when the Sun and Moon are aligned, with the Sun and Earth on opposite sides of the Moon. The new moon is the first lunar phase, when the Moon and Sun have the same ecliptic longitude.
So, this day is probably the best day of the year to start something new, to begin a new project. You need to understand that this day is not about planning, it is about acting. So, don’t over-think it! Just do it!
We offer you a Zen story about the proper mental attitude when you want to start something new. Then, one suggestion for each zodiac sign – what you should start right now.
A Zen Story for the New Moon in Aries
A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor’s cup to the brim, and then kept pouring.
The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself.
„It’s overfull! No more will go in!“ the professor blurted.
„You are like this cup“, the master replied, „How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?“
New Moon in Aries – Make It Simple for Each Zodiac Sign
• Aries: it is important to think how you present yourself to others.
• Taurus: you need solitude and time for yourself.
• Gemini: focus on making new friends and on group activities!
• Cancer: it is a good time to develop new professional goals and business plans.
• Leo: get out of your box, open yourself to new experiences!
• Virgo: you already have mind power; think about new possibilities to use it!
• Libra: it is a good time to begin a new relationship or to re-define an old one.
• Scorpio: bring healthier habits in your life! And give up the old, bad ones!
• Sagittarius: it’s time for love and romance. Express your positive feelings!
• Capricorn: take care of your home! And spend more time with your family!
• Aquarius: it is a good time to learn something new and to use your communication skills.
• Pisces: think of new ways to earn money!
New Moon Calendar
The next New Moon occurs on 23rd April 2020: a New Moon in Taurus (Sun conjunct Moon in Taurus).
Until then, on April 8th, there is a Full Moon in Libra (Sun in Aries opposite Moon in Libra)
The next New Moon in Aries occurs on April 12th 2021.
And one appropriate song for this New Moon: