Pisces is very sensitive and highly imaginative. He needs to work in a place where these qualities are appreciated and they are not considered obstacles. So, forget about military career (too harsh for their sensitive nature) or about accounting (there is no place for imagination)!
Careers for Pisces: Using Imagination and Sensibility
Being people with a vivid imagination, Pisces can be great writers, designers, illustrators or even inventors. And there have been a lot of them, during history:
- Pisces writers like the Colombian novelist Gabriel Garcia Marquez (author of „One Hundred Years of Solitude“), the French poet and novelist Victor Hugo (author of „ Les Misérables“ and „The Hunchback of Notre-Dame“) or the American novelist and poet Jack Kerouac (author of „On the Road“).
- Pisces painters like the Italian Giovanni Battista Tiepolo, considered the greatest decorative painter of eighteenth-century Europe, the Russian Kazimir Malevich, Founder of Suprematist School, or the Dutch Piet Mondrian, pioneer of abstract art.
- Pisces inventors like Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, Rudolf Diesel, inventor of the Diesel engine or Garrett Morgan, the inventor of the three-way traffic light.
Careers for Pisces: Taking Care of Others
Pisces is also the nurturing type, „serve or suffer“ being an expression often cited in connection with this sun sign. And they prefer to serve or to take care of others, instead of suffering. So, job ideas for Pisces include: teacher and preschool teacher, nanny, doctor, psychotherapist, nurse, care home manager and social worker.
Careers for Pisces: Religion and Spirituality
Jesus Christ commissioned his apostles with the words „I will make you fishers of men“. The Fish is an omnipresent symbol in the Gospels, at least four of the twelve apostles were fishermen, there are two miraculous catches of fish in the Gospels and there is also the miracle of the five loaves and two fish. The coming of Christ inaugurated The Age of Pisces and there are opinions that Jesus was actually born under the sign of Pisces (details HERE).
So, religion and spirituality also represent good career options for Pisces. They can be priests, monks, gurus or they can be involved in religious research. History gives us many examples:
- Jesus Christ is, according to astrotheme.com, born under the sign of Pisces. If we accept this proposed date of birth (February 28th, 7 BC, at 3:43 a.m.), Jesus Christ had Sun, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Lilith in Pisces. Details HERE
- Rudolf Steiner, born 25 or 27 February 1861, was the founder of anthroposophy, a philosophy that postulates the existence of an objective spiritual world that is accessible by direct experience through inner development. The Anthroposophical Society has its international centre at the Goetheanum in Dornach, Switzerland, and anthroposophy has been applied practically in many areas, including Steiner/Waldorf education, biodynamic agriculture, medicine or the movement art of Eurythmy.
- Samael Aun Weor, born March 6th, 1917, was the founder of the Universal Christian Gnostic Movement and author of over sixty books, including „Secret Notes of a Guru“, „ Gnostic Catechism“ and „The Zodiacal Course“.
- Meher Baba, born 25 February 1894, Indian spiritual master considered by his followers an Avatar, a God in human form. His main books are „God Speaks“ and „Discourses“.
- Thomas More, born 7 February 1478, venerated by Catholics as Saint Thomas More, was an English lawyer, philosopher, statesman and Renaissance humanist. He opposed the Protestant Reformation, in particular the theology of Martin Luther and William Tyndale. He is also the author of „Utopia“, a work of fiction and political philosophy depicting a fictional island society and its customs.
- Mircea Eliade, born March 9, 1907, was a Romanian historian of religion, writer and philosopher. He is, together with Joachim Wach, the founder of the “Chicago school” that basically defined the study of religions for the second half of the 20th century. His most notable works in history and philosophy of religion are „A History of Religious Ideas“, „ Encyclopedia of Religion“, „ Cosmos and History: The Myth of the Eternal Return“ and „The Sacred and the Profane: The Nature of Religion“.
Careers for Pisces: Water-Related Jobs
Pisces is (like Cancer and Scorpio) a water sign, so jobs related to water are recommended. The list is fastidious, including jobs like: sailor, fisherman, navy officer, but also hydrologist or even plumber.