Everybody knows his sun sign (or star sign). Indeed, the position of the Sun at one’s birth is very important, offering us a lot of information about our personality and daily activity. But the night follows the day and the subconscious mind is deep there, conditioning and influencing our thoughts, feelings and actions.
The position of the Moon, in a birth chart, permits us to better understand our depths.
Moon in Libra – personality and characteristic
Moon in Libra people need harmony and balance in their lives, in their relationships and in everything they do. At work, for example, they recognise any potential or actual disharmony and they action instantly to prevent conflicts. They develop effective work relationships and successful business partnerships. Every group needs a Moon in Libra person, because he/she acts like buffer which prevents quarrels.
They are highly sensitive to beauty and arts. They enjoy a museum visit, they often go to gallery openings, to concerts and most of them have great painting and decorating skills. In every family, the Moon in Libra person should be the one who decorates the Christmas tree!
But their most important skill is empathy. Having a great emotional intelligence, they often understand what others are experiencing as if they were feeling it themselves. This is how they build strong emotional connections and how they successfully integrate into every group or team.
Moon in Libra Chief Feature: Yielding
With Moon in Libra, the chief feature is yielding. In their permanent need for harmony, sometimes they obtain it by submitting and by accepting things they don’t really like. Some would say that’s a quality: the ancient Greek tragedian Sophocles said that „you win the victory when you yield to friends“. The English novelist Jane Austin had a quite different opinion: „ To yield readily–easily–to the persuasion of a friend is no merit…. To yield without conviction is no compliment to the understanding of either“.
Lie Yukou, the Chinese author of „ Liezi“, offers the solution: „Strength should always be complimented by softness. If you resist too much, you will break. Thus, the strong person knows when to use strength and when to yield, and good fortune and disaster depend on whether you know how and when to yield“
So, like always when talking about a Libra Moon, all is about avoiding extremes and finding harmony and balance.
Celebrities with Moon in Libra
- Agatha Christie, English crime fiction writer, born 15 September 1890
- Kate Winslet, English actress, born 5 October 1975
- Anne Hathaway, American actress, born November 12, 1982
- Kristen Stewart, American actress, born April 9, 1990
- Ariana Grande, American actress, June 26, 1993
- Kate Upton, American model, June 10, 1992
- Helena Blavatsky, founder of the Theosophical Society, born July 31, 1831 (O.S.)
- Alice Bailey, English writer (Theosophy and New Age) born 16 June 1880
- Joseph Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union, born December 18 1878
- Fidel Castro, president of Cuba, born August 13, 1926
- George Bush, the 41st President of the United States, born June 12, 1924
- George W. Bush, the 43rd President of the United States, born July 6, 1946
- Sylvester Stallone, American actor, born July 6, 1946
- Mel Gibson, American actor, born January 3, 1956
- Leonardo DiCaprio, American actor, born November 11, 1974
- Bruce Springsteen, American singer, born September 23, 1949
- Dr. Dre (André Romell Young), American rapper, born February 18, 1965
- Justin Bieber, Canadian singer, born March 1, 1994
- Pope Benedict XVI, the 265th pope, born 16 April 1927
- Swami Vivekananda, Hindu spiritual leader, January 12, 1863